2017 EDWIN MARSH MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS
PLEASE DISTRIBUTE TO MEMBERSHIP
1. Two (2) scholarships will be awarded to two high school seniors or graduates that have been accepted as full-time students in a college or university. The value of each scholarship is $1,000.00. Each applicant must be a dependent child of a member of a local union in good standing with the Indiana State Building and Construction Trades Council.
2. The winners will be selected from all entrants who submit a short essay on "How Can the Building Trades Unions Better Recruit Soon-to-Be High School Graduates into Apprenticeships?”
3. Essays should be between 200 and 500 words in length and be typewritten and double-spaced.
4. All essays submitted shall become the property of the Indiana State Building and Construction Trades Council and entrants give express permission to the publication of all entries with the name of authors.
5. The Executive Board of the Indiana State Building and Construction Trades Council shall administer this scholarship program, and its decision shall be final.
6. Entries MUST include: a cover sheet with the student’s name, mailing address, e-mail address, name of university or college which they plan to attend, their relationship to a building trades union member, and the name of the local union of which that person is a member.
7. Entries MUST be mailed to the: Edwin Marsh Memorial Scholarship Fund, c/o Indiana State Building and Construction Trades Council, 150 W. Market St., Suite 805, Indianapolis, IN 46204.
8. Entries MUST be received by 4:30 p.m. EDT, Friday, August 25, 2017. Entries received after this time will not be considered.
9. When received, each essay will be assigned a number. A master list will show the number and the name of the person submitting the essay. The review committee will NOT see the name of the applicant or the cover sheet accompanying the essay. Any personal information included within the essay will be redacted. Therefore, the review committee makes their selection based solely on the content of the essay.
10. Selection of scholarship recipients will be announced on or after September 18, 2017. Winners will be notified by mail. Those not winning will be notified via e-mail.